This week we're looking at beginning the heavy lift of creating a consortium and community of teachers across colorado.
Not sure if i'm right, but I am trying to replicate twitter Pros and eliminate the Cons on a district and statewide scale at the same time.
Trying to frame the why; if I boiled it down into five quick pieces; the value for a social community of practitioners is:
- “Always on” reflection forum
- Authentic opportunity to bounce ideas off and expand on others via a network of professional learners
- Provides the space where ideas and philosophies are shared, critiqued, expanded upon and developed.
- Personalized search database
- Allows us to be participating or are involved in, what is perceived as, the pulse of the education (not just ed tech) community