Blog Archive

Monday, June 14, 2010

PD design Team focusing questions for the meetings ahead of us

I like these ideas in particular, and I think they align with our conversations we’ve been having:
  • How does the score on a teacher evaluation rubric trigger PD? 
  • And what types of PD does it trigger? 
  • What are the options?
  • How should a year-long personal Pd plan be developed? 
  • What should be included in it? 
  • What data is it based on? 
  • Who is part of the conversation? 

However, I worry about being bogged down in the minutia of accountability and where that falls w/o looking at models that explicitly address that piece. I think it can be part of a conversation down the road, but maybe the team’s focus should be around Pd connectivity, data, and “personalization.”
Am I off base here?
What do you think?

"Being ignorant is not so much a shame, as being unwilling to learn." - Benjamin Franklin

Posted via email from mwacker's posterous

No comments: