Blog Archive

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Google Apps Individual Purchased Storage

I must've missed this if it's been around for awhile, because this is REALLY cool! 

Individual Google Apps users are able to purchase storage if their domain administrator enables the User Managed Storage setting in the Apps Control Panel. However, an individual Google Apps user's purchased storage will not apply to Gmail storage. Learn more about Google Apps storage.

At $.25/GB for storage, this is kinda a no-brainer. Tie in the fact that it is SUPER easy to take your stuff off of Google products, and I wonder why small schools, independent schools, and even smaller districts don't look at this as a serious cloud solution.
I see the 1GB per file limit, but that doesn't bother me really.

What am I missing?

Apps_storage

 

Posted via email from Michael Wacker's posterous

No comments: