Blog Archive

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Skype in the classroom

Working with great teachers all the time has spoiled me rotten. Learning from the best teachers and thinkers is something that I am thankful for every time I open up my tweetdeck, or Google Reader.
It was just this week that I found the power of Skype in the classroom and it was because of connections and learnings I've made via Twitter.

Bud Talbot is a professor at CU and I've followed his posts and tweets for awhile now. I was lucky enough to connect with him at #COLEARNING in February and since then kept in contact. We teach Forces and Motion in 6th grade and I was hopeful that he may be able to share He's one of those guys that when you talk to him he challenges your thinking and teaches you, without making you feel like an idiot.

I sent Bud my benchmarks and standards that we are hoping to address by the end of the year, and he knocked it out of the park. He took upwards around an hour, answering questions, giving a demo, and addressing everything I imagined and then some. The kids first glimpse at this powerful interactive video conferencing with a profession went amazingly well.
Thank you so much @Bud_T

No comments: