Blog Archive

Thursday, February 25, 2010

"Top 10 Trends For 2008" >interesting to reflect on this; how much of it is still true?

http://www.core-ed.net/top-10-trends-for-2008
Top 10 Trends For 2008

Ten trends to watch for regarding the use of ICTs in the NZ education scene in 2007

1. "mash ups"

2. Advanced networks and schools "loops"

3. Green Computing

4. Virtualisation and web-based applications (cloud computing)

5. Literacy development for the digital age

6. Immersive online environments & visualization tools

7. User Generated Content

8. Rise in use of mobile technologies

9. Accountability

10. Changes in User Interface Experience

What do you think, do you agree? Have we seen the change and “trending” that we expected? I’d like to think yes, but I’m not all the way sold on it. I guess in hindsight I’ve seen a lot of growth on a few of these especially cloud computing, a term that at this time was still in infancy. I love reflecting on these top trend lists, I wonder what we can learn from the 2009 and 2010 lists.

Posted via email from mwacker's posterous

No comments: